Friday, April 28, 2023

Gene Clark – Live And Unusual



Gene Clark – Live And Unusual

Another fan job from the 90s

1. (The) Wheel Of Time (3:28)
2. What Is Meant Will Be (3:48)
3. Put Your Faith In Me (mistitled Put My Faith In You) (4:24)
4. I'll Be Back (3:36)
5. (Living In) Hard Times (5:14)
6. I Saw A Dream Come Through (4:17)
7. Hula Bula Man (3:11)
8. She Loves You (3:51)
9. Ain't Living Long Like This (5:11)
10. Run Into The Night (4:20)
11. (The) Rest Of Your Life (3:58)
12. Gates Of Eden (4:44)
13. If I Don't Have You (4:16)
14. Christine (3:22)
15. Carry On (5:29)
16. Life And Times (mistitled Light Of The Time) (4:39)

Artwork Included (front, back, CD) 

2 comments:

Rocking--Byrd said...

https://workupload.com/file/FMLw3f8g2Kq

Steve said...

With such a treasure of recent Gene Clark material, I am focusing on songs that I don't recognize, and this upload contains a lot of new material for me. Some fine songs here, plus a nice backup band here and there. My favorite songs of the ones I hadn't heard are I saw a Dream Come True and Run into the Night. The latter would have been a perfect song for the Byrds and might have even been a hit under other circumstances. Too bad that Clark was so underappreciated from a commercial point of view. I'm amazed and the quantity and quality of songs that he produced in his relatively short life. Many were certainly commercial material--Carry On is a good example, as is I Don't Want to See You Again (not on this upload) but circumstances that we fans are all aware of prevented Gene from getting the popular support his art deserved. Thanks for keeping his legacy alive.