Sunday, December 12, 2021

Gram Parsons and The Fallen Angels with Emmylou Harris - Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, June 1973


This concert has been uploaded here already years and years ago. When trying to fulfill a request for updating it with a new link, I accidentally deleted it, so here it is again. I used the opportunity to update the song titles, the performers, and ad tags and artwork.

Gram Parsons and The Fallen Angels with Emmylou Harris - Tower Theatre, Upper Darby, June 1973

Gram Parsons, Emmylou Harris, N.D.Smart II, Kyle Tullis, Neil Flanz, Jock Bartley

with Special Guests :

Clarence White
Gene Parsons
Chris Ethridge
Sneaky Pete Kleinow
Roger Bush

1. Devil In Disguise (Christine's Tune) (4:34)
2. Tried So Hard (3:02)
3. We'll Sweet Out The Ashes (3:27)
4. Streets Of Baltimore (4:00)
5. Hickory Wind (5:47)
6. Country Baptizing (4:26)
7. Love Hurts (5:10)
8. Hot Burrito #2 (3:47)
9. Six Days On The Road (4:44)
10. Sin City (4:20)
11. Wheels (3:50)

Artwork Included (front, back) 

12 comments:

Rocking--Byrd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Lockley said...

Thanks Rocking Byrd for keeping this wonderful archive going. I already have this but always check to see if there's a better version.. The other point about interest in your work is that I spread the information to about five other people who are either quite busy or I.T literate. However I take the point that sometimes it must seem like no one is interested, but this is really not the case. Have a good Christmas and New Year and stay safe !

PAOLO said...

thanks as always RB

kenta said...

Hi there, really happy you are back again, wish you a very happy Christmas and a new Year!

Muso Tunes said...

thanks for this - great blog

david said...

Thanks, RB. Seem to have misplaced my old copy.

ziggy said...

Thank You

Rufus said...

Rockingbyrd, thanks for re-posting this with the updated tags and artwork. As always, I greatly appreciate all your efforts and wish you and yours a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Steve said...

Not a great fan of Gram Parsons; I've always thought he was overrated as a singer and composer. He had some nice songs, of course, but Cosmic American Music? Give me a break! Still, I thought I'd give this one a listen, considering its guest stars. Emmylou Harris, though occasional shrill on the high notes, complements Gram's voice quite well, much as Carla Olson did for Gene Clark. And of course she went on to become an important country singer in her own right. I'm not sure which tracks feature Clarence and Gene, although I think I hear Clarence at least on the last two. What does Gene play, drums? Guitar? Banjo? The setlist is a good mixture of his work with the Byrds, the Burritos and Emmylou Harris, and even includes a Gene Clark tune. I think the songs featured here are some of his better work, and his singing is in tune here. The band sounds a little loose, but that can be nice in a live situation. I didn't download this the last time you put this up, R--B, so thanks for giving me a chance to hear this.

dino said...

Well done!
Thanks the usual million, RB!

Rocking--Byrd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rocking--Byrd said...

https://workupload.com/file/QDE8bQLd2jd