Friday, November 20, 2020

Roger McGuinn – Live In Chicago 1992

 


Roger McGuinn – Live In Chicago 1992

The Cubby Bear Club, Chicago, April 4, 1992

All acoustic set – audience recording

1. I'm So Restless (2:57)

2. My New Woman (3:59)

3. Someone To Love (3:06)

4. You Showed Me (3:19)

5. The Trees Are All Gone (3:51)

6. On And On We Go (3:41)

7. Loving You Is Not A Sin (2:44)

8. Wasn't Born To Follow (1:55)

9. Ballad Of Easy Rider (2:56)

10. May The Road Rise To Meet You (4:18)

11. Jolly Roger (4:31)

12. Chestnut Mare (5:27)

13. King Of The Hill (4:56)

14. Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There Is A Season) (3:59)

15. Eight Miles High (6:04)

16. So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (2:55)

17. My Back Pages (2:17)

18. I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better (3:06)

19. Mr. Spaceman (2:22)

20. Knockin' On Heaven's Door (4:09)

Artwork Included (front, back)

3 comments:

ziggy said...

Thank You ....

Steve said...

This is an interesting concert, with many songs not frequently heard in his shows. He dips into in his first album, his third album, then Jolly Roger, then Back From Rio, with even two songs from Limited Edition, which obviously hadn't been thought at that point. There is also Loving You is not a Sin, which appears on no album. Then there are the usual Byrds songs, which is what people came to hear. McGuinn's interaction with the audience is very good, with different stories and a lower singing voice which sounds good. The only problem I have with McGuinn's concerts is that many of the songs he does sound better live with a band and harmonies. When I listened to My New Woman, for example, I keep remembering the phase-shifted rhythm 12-string, the harmonies by Crosby and Clark, and the sax solos, all of which are absent here and make the song less than exciting. However, he does solve this problem with Eight Miles High, where he combines a new way to play the iconic lead, making it sound almost like a Flamenco guitar, and the result is exciting and new (and very appreciated by the audience). But Rock'n'Roll Star? Sorry, it's not an acoustic song. I've seen McGuinn with the York-era Byrds, with his band from the third album, and with Clark and Hillman, and these shows were all good. I can see why fans still see him today. I doubt he will ever come to South America, where I live and where he is almost completely unknown, so I appreciate these concerts, Thanks R--B once again for new material.

Rocking--Byrd said...

https://workupload.com/file/YdKCgaKHs2p