Saturday, December 17, 2016

The Byrds – Martini Hall, Groningen, The Netherlands - 1971





The Byrds – Martini Hall, Groningen, The Netherlands - 1971

The Martini Hall, Groningen, The Netherlands – May 28, 1971

Roger McGuinn (guitar, vocals)
Gene Parsons (drums, banjo, vocals)
Clarence White (guitar, mandolin, vocals)
Skip Battin (bass, vocals)

Soundboard recording

Set 1

1. Lover Of The Bayou (3:38)
2. You Ain't Going Nowhere (3:21)
3. Truck Stop Girl (1:59)
4. My Back Pages (1:57)
5. B.J. Blues (1:21)
6. Baby What You Want Me To Do (2:47)
7. Nashville West (2:17)
8. I Trust (3:57)
9. Jamaica Say You Will (3:59)
10. I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better (2:54)
11. Old Blue (3:41)
12. Chimes Of Freedom (2:52)
13. Chestnut Mare (5:28)
14. Hold It (1:12)

Set 2

1. Soldier's Joy - Black Mountain Rag (1:10)
2. Mr Tambourine Man (4:54)
3. Pretty Boy Floyd (2:56)
4. Take A Whiff (On Me) (2:54)
5. Jesus Is Just Alright (3:28)
6. Eight Miles High (19:22)
7. So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (3:00)
8.
Mr Spaceman (3:08)
9. Roll Over Beethoven (2:55)

Artwork Included (front, back)

With many thanks to David M. 

10 comments:

Rocking--Byrd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kevin Lockley said...

Thank you again Rocking Byrd. Another great concert. Roger and Clarence seem to add bits and improvise over very familiar material which gives it a really fresh feel.I never get bored with these shows .Best wishes Kevin

Unknown said...

R-B
Thanks again for this and the three that you restored for me. They are coming so fast and furiously that I am barely getting a chance to listen to them but I know they will be excellent.
If it is not too much trouble, could you restore the Manassas concerts that I don't have in my collection already:
Buffalo Memorial Auditorium NY 09-09-1972
Sundown Club London UK 10-08-1972
Bananafish Gardens NYC 04-16-1973
Georgia Tech GA 05-15-1972.

All the best
Edwin Deas

mcbyrds said...

Thank you sir.

kabinroller said...

I am new here and I just want to say a big thank you to Rocking Byrd for all of the years of posting and info, it is truly astounding. I have been a fan of The Byrds etc. for over 50 years and can't believe I had missed your blog up until now.

Cheers, Jim

Unknown said...

Rocking-Byrd

You continue to come through with the goodies. Thank you!
If you don't mind me asking, I will continue to do so.
How about:
Byrds Palais des Festivals Cannes FRA 01-20-1972
Byrds Olympia Paris FRA 02-20-1972
McGuinn & Hillman Milan ITA 02-1980

Thanks man!

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say that's you are doing awesome job with this site rockingbyrds, i been on this site for a couple of month well because i am amazing byrds fan and i love each and single time when i am on this great site.

If it ok can you restore two byrds concert needed for my collection:

The Byrds – Ohio Theatre, Columbus 1970
The Byrds - Another Ash Grove 1970

Thanks for your amazing work

Shawn

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dino said...

As the Beatles would sing: "...it's getting better all the time..."
Thank you man!

Rocking--Byrd said...

https://www96.zippyshare.com/v/rvIYLZwC/file.html