Friday, September 11, 2026

The Byrds – Jyngle-Jangly – Outtakes And Oddities



The Byrds – Jyngle-Jangly – Outtakes And Oddities

Dekka Records (2026)

This is a fake vinyl LP, just posted earlier today on YouTube. I have separated the tracks into individual songs. Thanks to the compiler and poster.

1. A1 These Are The Byrds (TV Spot) (background music = Milestones) (0:36)
2. A2 Not Fade Away (Hullabaloo Recording) (1:47)
3. A3 It's No Use (alternate version) (mistitled No Use) (2:15)
4. A4 Jack Of Diamonds (Crosby demo) (1:41)
5. A5 The Day Walk (Never Before) (outtake) (2:59)
6. A6 Psychodrama City (outtake) (3:20)
7. B1 Why (RCA version) (2:41)
8. B2 Eight Miles High (RCA Version) (3:20)
9. B3 Everybody's Been Burned (Crosby demo) (3:04)
10. B4 For Me Again (Jet Set sessions) (2:32)
11. B5 Stranger In A Strange Land (outtake) (3:00)
12. B6 Wild Mountain Thyme (no orchestration) (2:20)
13. B7 I Know My Rider (outtake) (2:44)

Artwork Included (front, back)

 

3 comments:

Rocking--Byrd said...

https://pixeldrain.com/u/kKT1Pc9r

david said...

Interesting compilation.

Steve said...

I've heard most of these before, but downloaded it for the two Crosby tracks, which were new to me. Everybody's Been Burned is still one of my favorite Crosby songs, and the demo is good, but the Byrds' version much better. The Airport Song, not on this recording, is also a fine song which could easily have found a place on the first album. Jack of Diamonds is. well, an early song and somewhat similar to other songs of the early 60s. I like the alternative version of It's No Use, which sounds different from the version of the first album's extended tracks. I doubt there are any other surprises in the Byrds vaults, but you never can tell. Thanks for this collection.