Friday, April 17, 2026

McGuinn, Clark & Hillman – Alive In America



McGuinn, Clark & Hillman – Alive In America

Renaissance RMED-776 (USA 2022)

Lonsford Auditorium, Nashville, TN – March 28, 1979

Roger McGuinn (guitar, vocals)

Gene Clark (guitar, vocals)

Chris Hillman (bass, vocals)

Johnne Sambataro (guitar, vocals)

Greg Thomas (drums, percussion)

With Rick Roberts (guitar, backing vocals on track 8 (It Doesn’t Matter), which he co-wrote with Chris Hillman and Stephen Stills)

1. Intro + Sad Boy (4:44)
2. Long Long Time (2:20)
3. Little Mama (4:26)
4. Don't You Write Her Off (3:30)
5.
Turn! Turn! Turn! (3:26)
6. Surrender To Me (3:23)
7. Chestnut Mare (5:58)
8. It Doesn't Matter (2:50)
9. Feelin' Higher (5:01)
10. You Ain't Going Nowhere (4:41)
11. Backstage Pass (4:20)
12. Stopping Traffic (4:49)
13. Mr. Tambourine Man (2:15)
14. Eight Miles High (4:54)
15. I'll Feel A Whole Lot Better (2:42)

Artwork Included (front, back)

 

2 comments:

Rocking--Byrd said...

https://workupload.com/file/aqBxHFRnem2

Steve said...

Another pleasant concert from these three ex-Byrds. I saw them as a threesome in San Diego and they were great. They did their usual reunion-type concert: Gene did a few songs (including Strength of Strings, I swear), then Chris, then Roge5r. Then the three of them did some old Byrds songs and a few others which, unfortunately, I don't remember if they were from the first album or not. Unlike the original Byrds, MCH always sounds better live to me. I'd like to hear some more McGuinn-Hillman concerts, if there are any, especially with material from their last album, which I rather enjoyed. To my surprise, I heard their song That's All That's Left in a pizza restaurant in Lima Peru. That was a surprise! Thanks for the upload.