Friday, September 11, 2020

The Byrds - Fillmore East, N.Y. 1970


The Byrds – Fillmore East, N.Y. 1970

Fillmore East, N.Y. – September 23, 1970


Roger McGuinn (guitars, vocals)
Clarence White (guitars, vocals)
Skip Battin (bass, vocals)
Gene Parsons (drums, vocals)
Jimmi Seiter (percussions)

1. You Ain't Going Nowhere (3:17)
2. I Trust (3:39)
3. My Back Pages - B.J. Blues - Baby What You Want Me To Do (6:18)
4. Well Come Back Home (7:27)
5. Truck Stop Girl (3:46)
6. Take A Whiff (On Me) (3:36)
7. Mr. Tambourine Man (2:50)
8. Soldier's Joy - Black Mountain Rag (1:43)
9. Chestnut Mare (5:51)
10. So You Want To Be A Rock 'n' Roll Star (3:55)
11. It's Alright, Ma (I'm Only Bleeding) (2:31)
12. Ballad Of Easy Rider (2:23)
13. Jesus Is Just Alright (2:49)
14. Eight Miles High (14:36)
15. Mr. Spaceman (3:21)
16. All The Things (3:55)
17. Nashville West (4:03)

Artwork Included (front, back)

6 comments:

Rocking--Byrd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ziggy said...

Thank You

Kevin Lockley said...

When I first saw this I thought I had got it already but on checking I think its only the 2 video clips that I have. So thanks again Rocking Byrd ,another great find! Nice concert
well played and sung.Love the Clarence era Byrds .Thanks again and still lookinfg forward to the next Gene Clark rehearsal track !

Steve said...

I think this is one of the rawest concerts I've heard from the Byrds--real garage-band aesthetics. Gene Parsons' drumming is looser and heavier than I've ever heard before, and the guitars are anything but subtle. The harmonies are almost shouted at times, and don't sound like the original Byrds at all (then again, they didn't have to, they're different singers). And if I hear right, McGuinn does Mr Tambourine Man all alone, and even takes the lead guitar on BJ Blues. This concert really cooked, and I'm sure the audience was quite satisfied (even though they didn't play Lady Friend, like one wag wanted). Thanks for this little gem.

Sham said...

Also to be noticed is the 7:27 minute version of Battin's "Well Come Back Home".

david said...

Thanks, RB